1. I consider myself a dog person, but Titan is actually my very first dog. Growing up, I had a cat, a gold fish, some mice (strange phase), and a turtle named Raphael (the best Ninja Turtle). I was always afraid of dogs growing up. After college, I knew I wanted a dog for companionship and decided to test the waters by fostering dogs. After 3 fosters, I decided to adopt my own. I drove down to Cincinnati on the coldest day of the year and brought baby Titan home (then Barnaby). That was six years a ago!
2. I'm also a licensed clinical social worker. I specialize in forensic social work and I love the rewarding work that I do. Calligraphy helps me stay balanced so that I can relax my mind when I get home. When I'm feeling extra stressed, I pull out a pen or marker and jot down a few words on scrap paper. I instantly feel a little bit better. Both careers are challenging but in different ways.
3. I've lived in 4 states in just one year.
4. I am from Maryland but attended THE Ohio State University for college. People always ask me "why Ohio?" It honestly just popped up during an online college search. After a campus tour and heading back to Maryland, I accidentally left something in my hotel that I'd had since birth (FINE! It was a blanket! So embarrassing.) and it seemed like fate. Part of me wanted to be in Ohio. It turned out well for me and I met my husband there.
5. I've seen every single episode of Law & Order: SVU. I'm not joking. I started from the beginning and didn't realize I could pay to turn off Hulu commercials until I finished. Devastating.